Did you know of the many celery benefits. For one, Celery repels mosquitoes? It’s true! In fact, celery is great for boosting male fertility too. If that’s not enough then you’ll be pleased to know that not only is it delicious, it also supplies our entire organism with vitamins, proteins and all other elements that will aid us towards living a healthier life. So, what are the nutrtional values of Celery? Have a look below to see just how great it is:
– Preservation of brain health:
Celery contains a compound called L-3-N-Butylphthalide. A study showed that this compound may prevent the accumulation of the brain plaques and tangles that cause of Alzheimer’s disease- It also prevents urinary tract infections and repels mosquitoes naturally. This traditional remedy has gone through extensive testing, both in the laboratory setting and in the field, and the results remained consistent.
– Keeps your blood pressure down.
Boost a man’s fertility: Celery oil has been shown, in combination with vitamin E, to boost sperm count.
Read everything, did you? Are you thinking how to consume it: raw or cooked? Both ways are possible. You can drink it as a juice for example. Try this:
1 apple, 1 carrot and 1 piece of celery and blend. It eeven helps with weight loss.
Or as a salad.
For a celery salad, you need:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large bunch celery with leaves
- 2 large apples, peeled, quartered, cored; each quarter cut into 2 wedges, then thinly sliced crosswise into triangle shapes
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
Whisk the first 3 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Tthen season your vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
Trim the celery leaves and chop enough to fill 1 cup. Thinly slice the stalks into deep diagonals. Place the celery pieces in a bowl of cold water. (Vinaigrette, celery leaves, and celery pieces can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.)
Now drain the celery with paper towels. Combine celery, celery leaves, apples, and walnuts in large bowl. Add your vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
How about as a soup.
- one tbsp olive oil
- one garlic clove, chopped
- half red onion, chopped
- 150 g celery, chopped
- 200 ml hot chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic, onion and celery over a low heat for five minutes, until softened.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and liquidize.
- To serve, place the soup into a bowl with the toasted ciabatta alongside.