There are so many the cases when you have come late home from school or work and you want to eat something healthy, delicious of course and cooked by yourself. Those fanatics to these kind of food will take advantage of what it gives the home cooked sushi rolls. These low carb sushi rolls where smoked salmon and avocado are the main ingredients are the perfect choice for those who want a quick and healthy lunch.
- small package smoked salmon, sliced into thin strips
- 2-3 small English cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- handful of green onions cut into long strips
- 1/2-1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 full nori seaweed sheets
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- For the sauce: soy sauce or gluten free tamari (for gluten free) with wasabi
- How you cut the ingredients will depend on the length of the nori seaweed sheets. Since I was using thin seaweed strips I cut everything into small pieces so they would just stick out of each roll. If you are using a full nori sheet then this will not be an issue as you will be able to slice the rolls individually later.
- Place salmon, cucumbers, avocado and green onions on the top 1/3 of the nori sheet. Tightly roll the seaweed over the filling and use a bit of oil to help seal it.
- Repeat with remaining sheets. Cut each roll of seaweed into the size you want.
- Dip into soy sauce (or gluten free tamari) with wasabi, or your favorite Japanese salad dressing